Information is Key
At SOGA, we understand that a woman's initial reaction to being diagnosed with a condition, whether it is as joyful as pregnancy or a condition requiring surgery, is to find more information. You want to better understand how your condition affects your body and we believe an informed patient is an involved patient. That is why we have created the For You section of our web site.
In For You, you will find lots of valuable educational material and links to external sites that offer such material. We want you to use this information, along with what you learn from your consultations with our healthcare professionals, to make well-informed decisions about your care.
Learn more by visiting these sites:
- WebMD Women — a women's health information resource
- Women's Health.gov — a project of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- National Institute of Health (NIH) — Women's Health
- March of Dimes — for stronger healthier babies
- Mayo Clinic — Women's Health
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) — Women's Health
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- ViaCord — Umbilical Cord Blood Banking
- CBR — Cord Blood Registry
- MyTestingOptions.com — A guide to genetic testing information